Thread: Where to start
View Single Post
Old 12-24-19, 09:44 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4211 Post(s)
Liked 3,880 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by Dawes_rider
Yes, my long term goals are oriented around gathering special tooling such as lathes, milling and mitering tooling. I'd be plenty happy (and more or less obligated) crafting my first frames with basic hand tools, although it sounds like I'll need to acquire or have made/machined for me an alignment table and possibly some jigs. This journey is becoming quite exciting already and I look forward to seeing where it takes me.

You should look through some of my Flicker albums for a lot of home made tooling bits and other images regarding building. I now am where you seem to be aiming for (except I only hobby build) and have gone through a lot of the steps that you soon will be. feel free to PM and/or start an off list discussion (I find it far easier to answer specific questions without taking into account the masses that read this forum). Andy (Yes Rochester, NY. Only 90 miles from Cobra but haven't met the guy as yet. At the recent Phily Bike Expo his display was pretty crowded so I kept walking).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/731955...57594353980745