Old 03-05-19, 03:18 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
[QUOTE=JoeyBike;20824072 One thing I love about New Orleans is "our" predisposition to not obeying laws and not enforcing laws like some totalitarian state. However, obviously, this laissez-faire attitude does have it's drawbacks. And just let me say that if you get drunk and MESS UP....then you pay big time. Sadly, others may end up hurt or dead in the process. And if you get caught intoxicated behind the wheel, even without hurting anyone, you will be very sorry. Your life will be ruined for years to come. There are random checkpoints. So I guess this helps a little when a dragnet gets covered by local news stations after a big haul. ....

However, if you are told to do something, or stop doing something by NOPD on Bourbon Street, and are too drunk to follow a command or get belligerent with them, it is highly likely you will fall down a flight of stairs and land on five Tasers and three German Shepherds on the way to jail. .... And if you resist arrest...God help you.[/QUOTE] There is a lot of appeal in this attitude. preserve public safety and public freedom ... but hold people ultimately responsible.

And in general ... mess with the cops, what did you Think was going to happen? Work out your authority issues (often father issues) on your own time. Don't expect cops to do your psycho-analysis. And if you do , don't complain about their methods.

There are a few really bad cops ... but very few. There are a lot more really stupid people. " .... the cops don't need you, and man, they expect the same"