revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
It's been a big week.

Last Wednesday I wrote that I'd probably end up doing CR intervals rather than make it to my climbing route, and that's what happened. Coach wanted 40 minutes total, so I planned on doing 5x8' intervals. I ended up doing six of them, almost did a seventh but I didn't want to go too deep since I wasn't sure what "too deep" was. Power ended up being 105-107% for the set. The whole ride was done in a farmer's rain with temps in the 60s which kept my heart rate in the 130s. I liked it but I'm not sure the bike's drivetrain did.

Thursday and Friday were 100 TSS endurance pace rides, saving up for Saturday. I spoke with my coach Friday and she moved my FTP up ten watts to 260.

Saturday was a local charity ride. The local fast guys do the metric century and hammer it. I went with them. My goal was to do this as a "bop 'til you drop" ride. By the time we got 30 miles in, the speed had gone up to 27 mph; we hit a corner and I stood to accelerate coming out of it and made it to 26 mph. I looked down at my legs and they just shrugged and said, "We're done." That was at 30.5 miles. I rode all but the last mile of the remaining 34 solo, that's when the "medium-fast" group caught me. I must've gone pretty deep because holding 18 mph solo friggin' hurt.

My coach gives me weekly TSS goals, this week's was 870. I was 204 short, so I went out for four hours this morning to finish it off. My legs were tired and sore from yesterday's ride but I made it through okay, just maintained a steady endurance pace. Glad to be off the bike tomorrow.

CTL is 100, ATL is 129.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: