View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 03:42 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Lots of weird insinuations going on here, but not much is salient.

Sure, more users makes their data more robust - are you insinuating that people are leaving in droves and it's endangering that robustness? I haven't seen it in my feed; I know of two people that have left the platform - one specifically because of the recent changes. I'm not sure of the motivations of the other, but he only uploaded rides sporadically, anyway.

And are you actually arguing that Strava should be paying users that upload rides? Lol.
I suggest you actually read this thread before you post and prove that you don't understand the context by somehow missing the salience of my post. You can start with the first post and the article linked.

I stated facts as to why Strava doesn't deserve a "break" when their analogues get none. The defenders continue to use emotion-based arguments that Strava is "good" and anyone who doesn't pay is freeloading. Except it's more likely that if Strava ever turns a profit, it'll be off the back of those same non-paying users. Or maybe they will have invented how to make money out of thin air.