View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 08:52 PM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
I own a Emonda and rented a Domane while on vacation.

The Domane has a bit more relaxed fit.

So it depends on you level of fitness and flexibility.

Either one is a great bike.

Originally Posted by semax10
Thanks. I believe I'm fit. Avid runner trying to add in some long distance rides.
Originally Posted by GlennR
Then get the Emonda.. it's killer ride. Mine is a 2015 SLR and the new 2021 just came out.

I personally think the SL with Ultegra is the best bang for the buck. But 105 is a good choice and a bit less expensive.

I'm a old fat man and been cranking out 150 miles a week on mine. Just takes a bit to get your "fit" dialed in.
OP, Don't confuse Fit and Fitness. Bike fit and Bike Fitness aren't the same thing..

Originally Posted by genejockey
If you're getting your FIRST road bike, I'd go for the Domane. The Emonda is designed for a more stretched out riding position with a lot more drop from the saddle to the bars. That's not usually comfortable for new road riders. If you can, try riding both. The Emonda's a lightweight bike, so if you are NOT a lightweight rider, you might consider that, too.

EDIT: I see you'd already responded while I was writing. Fitness isn't all of it. Riding a road bike is about finding the compromise between comfort and aerodynamics. If your bars are too low or too far away, you'll spend all your time riding on the tops. If they're too high and too close, not only is it less aerodynamic, but it can cause comfort issues.
+1

I'm a fit cyclist, with good flexibility, but the dimensions of my body will never "fit" comfortably on an Emonda