View Single Post
Old 12-14-09, 10:22 AM
atoms
Señor Member

Bikes: '86 Voyageur, '82 Voyageur SP FOR SALE, '88 Le Tour fixed Townie, 2011 Diamondback Overdrive 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The seller had "a few people" coming to look at it yesterday. I asked her to let me know if it was still available after that and I have heard nothing, so I'm assuming that I missed the boat on this one.

While would be nice to have a winter project, I'm not in a huge hurry to get started on the next project so I'm not bummed about it. Really, I don't have a lot of time to work on anything until after the new year anyway. And now that I mention it, I have several things to do on the Continental:

- remove kickstand
- fix or get new rear fender
- swap in the 46t chainring for the current 50t
- cut down the flip n clipped bars a bit

And heck, just keeping a Chicago winter bike reasonably clean and lubricated is a project in itself!

I do intend to keep my eyes open for Fillet Brazed Schwinns, but also Le Tours or any decent road bike that would be a step or two up from my Continental. But I am gonna try to stop obsessively searching Craigslist for a while and see if I can hold out until garage sale season returns in the spring.

Last edited by atoms; 12-14-09 at 10:27 AM.