View Single Post
Old 08-27-18, 07:53 AM
CJohnson101

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I suggest a vertical wall mount with a single cheap hook. Holes are really easy to fill, or just pay the $20 hole repair charge the dorm charges. A rubber coated hook (big enough for the front wheel to easily fit into) from a hardware store is like $2. Mount the hook as high as you can reasonably lift the bike's front wheel up to while holding the seat tube and handlebars (I did mine at about 8 feet), but make sure the hook goes directly into the center of a wooden 2x4 stud (and not into a weak sheetmetal stud, which may allow the hook to rip out). Using an electronic stud finder to find the dead center of the stud, and then drilling a pilot hole is recommended so the stud doesn't split and lose strength, causing the hook to rip out.
Wow, thanks for such an awesome response! Its a good idea, and very descriptive which I really appreciate! However, I'm not really allowed to store my bike in my room so I'm keeping it on the down-low. They may ask why I drilled into their walls because I dont believe they'd be too keen on me drilling holes to store my bike haha, thank you so much though!