Old 01-18-21, 06:40 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3167 Post(s)
Liked 1,724 Times in 1,042 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Have a read about a very similar problem here. Extra light RH tires and sealant, even has photos!

RH makes it impossible to contact them by phone as mentioned above. While on Paceline have a look at the thread that mstateglfr mentioned because it is an eye opener.

You will need to go through the website to send off a message.
Oh, I’m familiar with Heine, having been in some testy discussions with him years ago on some forum or other. I know he’s an opinionated dude, but, he and Bicycle Quarterly were right about the tire thing, and way ahead of the mainstream with it, so I give credit where credit is due. I mean, I think it took wide rims for what he asserted to make sense for me; I tried narrow rims with wide, low-pressure tires and didn’t like the handling impacts.

While, as I mentioned in the OP, I was aware of the sealing issues with the EL, I still haven’t seen any particular discussion about how the sidewalls were leaking. IIRC, one of the zines even used the term “weep,” so I thought it was a permeable sidewall issue, not one of actual holes. Did I miss photos of the issue in the thread you linked? I saw the sidewall cut photo...

As I said earlier, I did submit a query on the RH site, and if I receive a reply, I’ll post back here the official company account of my sidewall holes, and hopefully they’ll answer the question whether they’re to be expected or if they’re production flaws.