View Single Post
Old 09-03-17, 02:05 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 6,425 Times in 3,698 Posts
Holy crap, absolutely stunning! The real deal, plain and simple, thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by 55/Rad
12 years ago, I built up a Dave Moulton Fuso as part of building frenzy I had over several years up until about 2010. Some of you may remember me from this forum...I was a moderator for a short time on the road forum too.

Like many people, I was hit pretty hard in the economic downturn in 2008. I lost my job AND I went through a divorce...the combination of which forced me to liquidate pretty much everything in my bike stable. And I had a LOT of road bikes. Pinarello, Colnago, Waterford, Vetta, Tommasini, Giordana, Orbea, Daccordi...the list goes on. I also had a Dave Moulton Fuso and I determined in the end that of all the nice frames I'd ever owned, the Fuso was the one I liked the best.

Nowadays, I ride a Ti Seven and it has been my only bike for the last 6 years. I will never part with it because it is an amazing bike. But I never forgot that Fuso and 2 years ago, I bought a beater and set out to restore it. Today, I took my first ride and it is everything I dreamed of.

Some details:

1987 Dave Moulton Fuso #1385, 60 cm.
Full Dura Ace 8 speed group.
Chris King R45 hubs on H Plus Son Archetype rims.
Paint Restoration - Black Magic Paint - Portland Oregon

And of course - a photo. At some point, I'm sure I'll do some studio shots like I used to but for now, I just want to ride this baby.

55/Rad