View Single Post
Old 10-31-19, 04:31 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Back to the original question: I have been using an Elemnt for 3 years and was given a Roam as a present. There are only three real differences:

1. If you do go off route or if mid-ride you decide you want to abandon the route, the Roam will do the re-routing for you.
2. The color display.
3. The buttons on the side are slightly better positioned, at least for my hand/fingers.

Are those three things worth the extra $80 or so? That is about the cost of 2 new tires (on sales) or a decent but not great meal with my wife out at a restaurant...

That said, if I didn't have either but had tried both I would spring for the Roam - I really like it better for those three reasons. I can save back the $80 (or more, if you look at prices on refurb Elemnts) by carrying some Fig Newtons on rides and not buying snacks at convenience store rest stops...

I would wait a bit - Wahoo does seem to have Christmas season sales, though no guarantee the Roam will be one of the items. I bought my Kickr indoor trainer and a Tickr heart rate strap on sales in December in years past.