Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-28-18, 09:56 PM
dayco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Definitely stay with it. I'm 70 and retired and I get (or have gotten) little or no encouragement or support over the years from family members. 13 years ago I had a quadruple bypass. Two years ago I weighed 245 lbs before my gallbladder operation. Today I'm 208 lbs. I found I got the biggest bang and benefit from between doing nothing and something. I'm realistic. I burn maybe 500-600 calories on my 1-1/2 hour ride but somedays I return home and within ten minutes I've eating 500 calories....that's okay.

I normally eat lunch then take a small nap. I then take my old Huffy out for an hour and a half 14 miles ride along my bike trail. I try to do this daily, weather permitting. Nobody else in my family is interested in riding with me. That's fine. I enjoy the seasonal change, the sense of travel, freedom, being by myself and being alive.

I could say I ride for health reasons or for needed gezzer exercise when in reality I ride because it's FUN. Setup a bike that works for you and have fun with it. Do it for yourself, you deserve it. We come this way but once.