rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
The object of a bike race is to go as fast as possible ... on a bicycle. Besides them both having two wheels, there isn't much else that is 'bicycle' on my Performer Saki. Nor can just anyone get on and ride it. So while it may be fair to ask the question, maybe we shouldn't denigrate the UCI as a joke. They have preserved bicycle racing in a form that allows bicycles to continue doing it. Riders of recumbents could (and have) form their own 'union' and compete among equals, but the two craft cannot compete fairly in the same events anymore than men and women can compete fairly in the same events. I could argue that there is less difference between a man and a woman than between a UCI legal criterium bike and a lowracer but rules do not allow men to race against women and no one here would argue as to why not.
"perserved" If we had that kind of preservation, as I said we would still be driving model Ts, riding trains with steam engines, and flying Bi-planes. The point is to keep riders even. So what difference does it make what kind of bike they ride?