View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 11:12 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked 3,938 Times in 2,560 Posts
Funny, the custom ti fix gear I am about to ride for Cycle Oregon is my mistress. But that is mistress as in the feminine of "master", ie she runs the show, not me. And she is very much a "she". Quick race steering. If I am not gentle, she's a wild ride, but smooth as silk if I am gentle but firm.

For Cycle Oregon, she just got a full makeover - high-end paint job for her steel fork with her name in script runing down the right blade. (Jessica J). The ti is brushed out, the decals are new. Shes going in her favorite blue dress (A 43 tooth Campy BMX chainring in blue anodizing - Campy did a run of colorful track chainrings in I guess the '90s to sell to the BMX crowd when 144 BCD was popular there.)

And closer to topic - one of the reasons for me staying single is my love of riding alone. (Sounds funny as I head off to be with 2000 others, but doing many miles of solo riding in magic country is always easy to do at CO.) I did try the marriage gig but it only lasted 6 years, during which my riding suffered.

Ben