queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by octopus magic
Interestingly enough, I plugged in the numbers for the "tiny" Bridgestone/Anchor TR9 in size L (with the 555 cm top tube) and compared it to two of my current track frames (A 58cm Fuji Track Pro from 2003, and a 61cm (with a 57cm top tube) Superb Sprint (AKA Colossi Cannondale Track knockoff), and found that the reach value on the "tiny" Bridgestone was longer than both (by two or so MM anyways).

I suppose it makes total sense given it's a much lower stack frame, but it's definitely would be a useable frame for someone who's in the 6' range.

Separate from that, I'm also working on making a better version of this with React as seen here, although I don't have support for multiple bikes yet. I do plan on pushing in some of these numbers so you can just scroll through instead of having to manually dig through, but that's a lot of JSON building.

https://tbeaulieu.github.io/framebuilder2d/
whoa this is cool as ****!

one thing that would be really cool, without having to build a database of these measurements (which, ugh, would be tricky because not everyone publishes the same amount of data), would be allowing a user to upload a row of data in the right format to plug into your system; or, allowing your system to save two profiles that a user could toggle between (or that the system would superimpose).