Old 05-22-19, 07:58 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
I totally agree about spoke lights being important. I believe that the lights I use give me far more side-to-side visibility than reflectors alone. While I did have wheel reflectors and some strategically placed reflective tape on the sides of my bike, I feel far more visible with the lights in the wheels.

This is what I have:

Cheap but effective lights purchased from Amazon, 5 pack of lights with one green, one blue, one red, and two multicolored (color-changing). I put the green & one multicolored on the front, red and multicolored on the back. The blue one I keep as a spare. They operate on one or two (can't remember for sure) CR2032 battery. Just squeeze them to turn them on or off.

I've gotten lots of positive comments about them from my fellow riders in our club.

And since I use two of them on opposite sides of the wheel, they don't throw the wheel out of balance.
Not to resurrect an old thread...

But does these go on and off the spokes easily? So I could toss them on fast if I'm suddenly going out for a night ride and remove them in daytime?

Do the batteries hold up well? The lights are cheap. A 5 pack of batteries would be almost more expensive than buying new lights

If they last 1 full winter though they are probably good enough.