View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 07:51 AM
Jeremiesmith77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
The sliding seat post....

Hello, I am 6'5", 315 lb and ride about 200 miles a week. Now that I have really strong 36 spoke wheels (no broken spokes in 2000 miles since April!), my only major problem is a seat post that slides down on me no matter how much I tighten the clamp. I have even broken a few of the seat clamp bolts trying to tighten it up as much as possible but it always slides down on me.

Typically, my seat post will slide down 2-3 inches during a 20 mile ride, which is no big deal on mile 15 mile commute to work as I can adjust it before each ride. But, it is annoying to have to readjust it 3-4 times during a long century ride, especially because I fear breaking the bolt in frustration while being far from civilization. This past Sunday, I rode the last hour of a 125 mile ride with the seat too low because I felt the bolt was getting weak and was afraid of breaking it. Finishing the end of a very long ride with my leg extension out of position really did a number on my hamstrings...

A friend of mine mentioned that he heard there was a paste that helped with this but he did not know what it is. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Jeremiesmith77; 07-10-19 at 07:55 AM.