I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by DC Bike Blogger
-

So I’m wondering, how many cyclist out there, like me, have to have variety to keep them interested and motivated? If you’re the opposite and are exclusive to one type of bike or one way of riding, is there a reason for that? Have you tried other cycling experiences and not liked them, or just stuck with what you are used to because that’s good for you?

Anything I've chosen to participate in for health, hobby, or fun, is limited by money, time, or space.

When I was into canoeing, I only had the space and money for one canoe. When I was into motorcycling, I only had the money and space for up to two motorcycles at a time (off and on road).

Any year I've been into bicycling, I've only had the time and space for up to two bicycles at one time. I got as many as three bicycles at one time, but my wife didn't allow that for long. "What do you need three bicycles for? We need this space in the garage for . . . "

When I was a young adult before I had kids, I had all kinds of time. Now in middle age, I have little time for myself. Work, chores, helping family, etc. Yesterday at work was 13+ hours. Today, I took the day off, but it was to handle things due to my stepson totaling his car 1.5 weeks ago. Now I need to log out so I can do the yard work.

When I do get time to myself to ride one of my bikes, it is a sliver of time in my day and it raises my spirits immensely.
Likes For FiftySix: