Old 06-18-20, 02:04 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by adamhenry
Today I added a few more miles to my trip south from Oceanside harbor. I made it down to 15th St. in Del Mar before heading back. I will have to go over Del Mar Heights to Torrey Pines for my next trip. It's only a couple more miles but it looked difficult today and I felt good turning around at 15th. Can I just take Camino Del Mar over the hill to Torrey Pines?
yes. ain't gonna be flat tho. torrey pines area is the toll collector for the stretch between camp pendleton south to torrey pines.

torrey pines grade is about 6% at 1.6 miles on the outside/coastal hwy stretch. the road inside torrey pines state park gets steeper...like 9-10%.
the climbing is both harder and shorter. pick your poison.

if you're not used to hills like that and still are curious, start/end closer to it like leucadia or solana beach the first time or two.

flying down the hill from del mar southbound towards torrey pines on the coast highway is one of the most scenic stretches in the county and never gets old.
Likes For diphthong: