msheron
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'

Bikes: 06' Jamis Eclipse in the making.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclintom
Yeah! And what about the little old blind lady cyclists that could be killed by an attacking doberman too!

In case you aren't smart enough to have noticed this - there weren't any kids involved. There was a guy with a bike with $1000 worth of wheels on it. No little children, no crippled old ladies, no Jews for Adolf to attack. Got it?

Now you COULD invent a thousand scenarios in which you show up as Super Jew and chase off the big bad dog. Or call up goose stepping policia forces to chase down some guy that - maybe you missed it - he had never met before?

I suggest you get a good hold on your imagination, determine that the WORST that could happen is that the dog could be taken in and tested for rabies and the owner could be forced to pay damages and PERHAPS a small fine.

Explain to me again how this protects small children, little old crippled ladies and large toothy dogs?
First and foremost I did not say there were kids involved..........if you were smart enough to have read that then you would have understood the statement. I don't know where your from but I see kids riding bikes alot along the rural roads...............if that had been a kid riding there could have been a possibility of a kid being hurt that could not defend themselves like an adult. I am not reading into anything other than you have a owner that #1: Should keep their hound on a leash! #2: Regardless of the injuries Ripa received or not, be genuine and concerned and offer to pay for any damages incurred by them.

The guy admitted his dog dislikes bikes..................if he dislikes bikes, what else does Rin Tin Tin dislike, you because you look funny to him, your daughter because she wears a dress, you wife because she drives a Volvo! Yes we can go on.................point being and I don't think I will get too many arguments on this, or at least from educated persons, you are responsible for your pet as you are with a minor child that knocks out the next door neighbor's window with a rock. The dog should have been leashed and if not, the owner bears the brunt of the damages either punitive or actual!

I do this daily in both state and federal courts, I am not ignorant to the law or some avg. schmuck that knows nothing of the civil aspect as well. If you condone people with potentially aggressive dogs to run free and at times attack folks, then please never come to my neighborhood. I along with most wish for a civilized world where folks can feel safe with walking, riding their bike, running, or what ever without the possibility of having all the Adolph's chasing you down.

So rebuttle if you wish, I care not to read anything that wastes my time.