Old 12-12-13, 05:34 PM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wens
Slowtwitch says the LG course or whatever it is tests consistently faster at 0 yaw, i don't remember who's testing it was though. I'm really interested in seeing the numbers for the specialized evade, and i'd love to get my hands on an air attack and an evade to do coast down tests with. I'll probably end up taking a swag based on other people's data though.
Yes, that anecdote was thrown out by the guy running Ero Sports. Problem is, I still haven't seen his data, and in that post his language didn't exactly instill confidence that he was being objective. Furthermore, all the tests I have seen on the Air Attack are without the shield (which is my favorite part of the helmet, regardless of aerodynamic advantage or not). Lastly, another thing I like about the Air Attack is it's lack of lengthwise vents. In mass start races, I am not keeping my head perfectly still in a perfect aero position. Turn the LG Course sideways like this and I have to believe it is not nearly as aero as the Air Attack (but I'm happy to be swayed by data):

That said, I'll bet there isn't an apreciable aero difference between the three in real world (mass start) use. I picked the Air Attach for the shield... love not wearing glasses.