View Single Post
Old 02-28-18, 11:24 AM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
If you are willing to do all of this, why not buy a CycleOps spin bike? That's what I have.

You can order it with a fixed rear hub. I've modified mine to take normal stem and handlebars.

EDIT:

The only downside is that it only comes with 170mm cranks. BUT, it uses an ISIS BB. So, if you are really motivated, you can find a ISIS BB road or track crank with the length you desire and put them on.

This is the only all-in, get it exactly how you want it, fixed gear, track training machine that is currently available and modifiable on the market. It's better than Wattbike, IMHO.

I'm not sure why pro track teams are sleeping on it. I'm also not sure why CycleOps isn't marketing itself to the track market like Wattbike does.
I am seeing a few different models of the spin bike on the web, used. Which one do you have? I local place her has a used one, that was in a gym, a Comp 200 spin bike, but it's $1200. That seems steep, and it's not even equipped with a power meter.