View Single Post
Old 01-22-19, 12:20 PM
rensho3

Bikes: Fuji Elite, 3Rensho track, Trek Madone 6.9, Specialized MTB, GT MTB, Cannondale Cad3 fixie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gl98115
Looks good.

I had trouble with mounting Dura Ace rings on the ALDHU spider. The stack of spider thickness and inside of the chain ring bolt hole thickness was too small and the chain ring bolt wouldn't snug sufficiently to keep the ring on tight. Apparently some chain rings are thicker than others as a friend said FSA rings work well. I solved the problem by getting the Power2Max powermeter spider. But that necessitated getting the ALDHU road axle and BB. It's the rainy season in the PNW so I haven't been able to track test it yet.
Most of my chainrings are Superbe Pro, like the one in the photo. The bolts and nuts supplied by Rotor work fine, and snug up well. The only negative is that I will have to glue the nuts to the spider when I get a chance to make it easier to change rings. I have a couple of Dura Ace rings I will have to test, but I think since the Superbe's work, they should be ok as well in terms of stack height.