Old 09-26-19, 01:29 AM
SlinkyWizard

Bikes: 2016 Trek DS 8.5, Giant Fastroad Comax 1 2018

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Electric scooters on MUP

After looking up the definition of a MUP and seeing a few videos, in Korea, we have 100's of kilometres of MUP's,

they are becoming more popular with cyclists, new and old ,many electric wheelchairs, and now the Korean government will make it legal for electric scooters to ride on the MUP.

This is ridiculous !!!

Large groups of very fast cyclists , dangerously overtaking slower riders a very common sight, and it's no wonder why you occasionally see ambulances on the MUP,

and now, an even faster mode of transportation will be allowed to ride on the MUP's. Electric scooter riders already ride on the MUP, despite banners saying they are not allowed, and these things fly, a lot of riders wearing motorcycle helmets

I would hate to think what would happen if one were to collide with an electric scooter going at top speed, and once made legal, I assume many more people will opt for this form of transportation, primarily to avoid traffic going to and from work.

E bikes are capped at 25km/h, by law, I hope the same law will apply to electric scooters as well.
Likes For SlinkyWizard: