Old 07-31-20, 09:03 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,721 Times in 1,005 Posts
So here I was on a nice casual 65 mile ride in the countryside with about 8 other people in 2015, we were at mile 58 and the dude in front of me decides to jam on his brakes at 28 mph for reasons I still do not know. Next thing I know, I am looking up at the clear blue sky and wondering why am I looking up at the clear blue sky on some freshly paved road. I thanked god later that day, that we were not 200 yard on either side of this segment of road, as that road would have ground any and all skin and soft tissue from my body. The skin damage in the big scheme of things was minimal, bruising was unbelievable massive that ran from my shoulder to my ankle and far more painful than the broken shoulder. The first thing out of my mouth as people were yelling at me not to move, was, how is my bike . Shoulder was broken in 5 places, I have permanent nerve issues in that shoulder and some of the broken bone fragments intermingled with the nerves and the doc was not about to go digging around for little pieces of bone. He told me it looked like a peeled hard boiled eggshell there were so many little fragments. I had one larger section that he could not get positioned to be screwed in place. I've had 4 surgeries to fix things along the way, and I have recovered about 95% of my range of movement due to the help of a very talented physical therapist. Good times.

Other than than, I have luckily been injury free.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 07-31-20 at 09:06 PM.