View Single Post
Old 02-07-21, 05:53 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Do you use clipless pedals on your road bike? Then using them on the dirt is a no brainer. Just dont overthink it.

i hate to give another “walked uphill both ways in the snow” story but i started using toe clips and straps - talk about being a bear to get out of in a hurry if they were tight enough to be of any use!

modern Real shimano brand SPD’s are rock solid and easy to disengage from. Doesnt seem to matter how expensive or not they are, - the deore level ones work as well as the xt branded ones IMHO

so SPD is good!

aaaaand - flats are good (if youre not worried about going fast - but plenty of folks motor along fine on em too

I had a knee injury that ultimately led to a knee replacement 3 months ago. After the injury but for the months i was sorting out how andwho would pay for the surgery , how to get enough time off work etc., i kept riding a little but switched to flats.
Surprise surprise, i kinda like ‘em for goofing off. Ive been riding on old school Vans and will testify that those stink for real riding though and when i am fully healed i want to get a better flats specific shoe, but i am keeping the flats on my big travel bike. The cross countryish bike though will only wear flats until i am comfortable enough with my knee to switch back to the SPD’s. I cant abide the power transfer losses on a bike i am trying to set PR’s on strava with