View Single Post
Old 09-25-18, 08:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
My ideal bike would be a Riese and Müller Supercharger Rolhoff HS with the new E-14 hub. I would swap out the bar and stem for titanium (probably something from Moots or TiCycles) and the seat post for Kinekt 2.1. Front fork would ideally be something like a Fox fork with Kashima coating (whatever their top end model is these days in a 100-110mm travel). Brakes would be Magura MT5e or TRP Zurich and those would be hooked up to Supernova M99 Pro and probably stick with the m99 rear light or the B+M Toplight line brake plus (or whatever the e-bike version is). I would probably also swap cranks for the Praxis Works or FSA Carbon cranks and go with some really nice pedals probably like a Crank Bros Stamp 11 or DMR Vault.

I might change a few other bits and bobs on the bike and upgrade things where I can. I basically want a crazy long distance bike with upgraded everything because I hate plain stock bikes with parts that aren't as nice as they could or should be.

I would also happily take a similar build but with a titanium frame (with integrated Ti rack) single Powertube battery and carbon fork (like a Rodeo Labs Spork) and probably an XTR Di2 drivetrain or possibly XX1 Eagle but building it more as a road hybrid than anything else. Would probably build with White Industries CLD Hubs laced up to HED Belgium Plus rims and most everything else would be similar.
Likes For veganbikes: