View Single Post
Old 10-10-19, 09:11 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I too find it odd that Ti owners feel the need to denigrate other frame materials, whether steel, aluminum or carbon. Maybe it is insecurity about their choices.

I own two steel frame bikes, two carbon frame bikes and an aluminum bike. I also owned a Litespeed Classic Ti bike.

Each frame material has its pros and cons, none is perfect. For example, I loved the fact that I could lean the Litespeed just about anywhere and not worry about scratches like I worry with my C59 and C60.

But I love the ride quality of my two CF bikes. For this short, pudgy asthmatic rider the Litespeed felt noodly. The C59 and C60 fly up hills...or at least make me feel like I am flying.

My two steel framed bikes just sing” to me when I ride them, especially going up and down PCH.

As for aesthetics, and notwithstanding @indyfabz pretty Ti bike, my Litespeed just looked utilitarian (there is an understated beauty to that look, like a pretty woman not wearing make-up).

My Bottecchia and Master are sexy as heck, their paints jobs are just gorgeous. And other riders approach me all the time to admire the C60’s shimmering color scheme.

I guess the point is that we can all enjoy our choices of build material without the need to denigrate or put down other riders’ choice.

Now wait until I get my Calfee bamboo bike.
ugh you got it wrong dude. Many Ti owners are the old man type, with disposable income and house closed to being paid off if not already. They have lived thru most of life has to offer, and are now financially secured. In other words, they have NOTHING to prove.
It's the "nouveau" carbonboys who think they know-it-all, who think they're high tech living on the bleeding edge, that tend to put down others
Likes For aclinjury: