Old 04-12-20, 08:30 PM
casek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie: Need help finding a bike on a budget

Hello! As I’m sure you’ve gathered, I’m new to this whole thing. I’ve been reading around after a bout of frustration at the fact that biking is something I’ve wanted to do for years now only to find that it’s not the easiest thing to get started doing at my weight. That landed me here where my head is kind of spinning with all the new information.

As of right now, I’m 5’ 6” and around 400#. My goal is to use biking to help me lose weight as well as a recreational activity (especially with the social distancing!) I’ve read around a bit and been perusing Craigslist in an effort to find a good bike that will hold me for a decent price. I’m on a tight budget where $250 is pretty much the most I can spend. Initially, I was going to go for one of the more expensive Wal-Mart bikes, but my research deterred me from that.

Basically, I need help figuring out what bike to look for on a super tight budget (I know I’m not going to get anything new with my limit). I’d also appreciate any advice on sizing if possible, as there are no LBS’s open near me right now.