View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 07:32 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by gravelschlub
I did 101 and 201 and was hoping to build a once-a-week track workout into my winter training - but the pandemic got in the way. I got comfortable riding fairly quickly but it was all the other nuances of track etiquette and being safe with other riders that were a little disconcerting.

But man, when I figured out how to dive down the boards in a full sprint - so damn fun!
Yeah, I felt the flow a couple of times, where everything fit together perfectly, and it was so sweet! I never launched into an all-out sprint, but I can imagine that the rush is huge. The turns seemed to come up so fast, though, that it was kind of mentally taxing to have to be thinking every second about the setup. That and the etiquette anxiety was exhausting, but I’ll go back for open ride and just try to get used to it.