View Single Post
Old 12-31-17, 05:37 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
This could have ended in complete disaster. Leads me to wonder why you'd be riding so fast in fog.
Commute at the time was 22 miles each way so speed was important. But yes, I agree that failure to respond to situations indicates inappropriate speed. In another crash on that same stretch, I rode into a bed spring in the dark during a storm (the cloth was all gone so I was completely tangled in the metal springs before I even knew I'd crashed)

BTW, keeping glasses clear was one of the major reasons I had my eyes lasered. I strongly recommend this option if it's workable because it fixes your entire field of vision -- so you get great peripheral as well as in the focus point. It's a total game changer.

Also, those who wear glasses only for eye protection rather than vision correction need not sacrifice their glasses mounted mirrors in conditions where glasses can't be worn. Just pop the lenses out of some cheap sunglasses and wear that.