Old 04-10-13, 03:07 PM
mikhalit

Bikes: Poison Chinin IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dramiscram
That's making me jealous! I tried to get my girls into cycling too late, at about 7-8 years old, and now at 11 and 12 years old I can hardly get them on a bike, it's like a punishment for them. I try to give a good example but that's apparently not enough
Probably it's not too late yet.
I started cycling in my early 20s, and it was my girlfriend (now wife) who made me like it. Out of climbing, caving and cycling the latter was the only sport where I could keep up with her pace

Originally Posted by Dwayne
As a can't-wait-to-take-my-daughter-on-a-trip proud dad of an 8.5 month old little girl, I give your thread two thumbs up and a big smile!
Of course I don't know what's your situation to say smth like "just do it", but in general you don't have to wait too long. Our first big trip as a family happened when the girls were 5 months old. Was a week long tour from Dresden to Prague along Elbe and Vltava rivers. Here is a bit more motivation for you

What I was really looking for is the moment when girls start riding on their own on a daily basis. And it was raining today, but they just didn't care.

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
reg the river - deadly ... take all precautions
Right, we always start with explaining them what they shall avoid and why when arriving at new place... So far it works but once they will get older and less dependent I think it will get more difficult.

PS. Thanks everybody!

Last edited by mikhalit; 04-10-13 at 03:19 PM.