Old 04-11-13, 02:41 AM
mikhalit

Bikes: Poison Chinin IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Yay, Chariot! We loved ours. On rainy days when the kids were little I'd put the jog wheel on the Chariot, bundle them up with blankets and toys, and take them for a run. They were usually asleep within 15 minutes.
Same here. When my wife returned to work (our girls were like 7 months old) riding Chariot was the only way I could put those fussy girls to sleep. Almost daily, six months in a row.

Originally Posted by spare_wheel
Where are the brakes on those things???//??/??
I would never let my daughters ride hipster zero-speeds. Its better to be alive than cool and dead.
Right, or else later they will start racing the Monstertrack. And if seriously it will take them at least a year until their hands will be able to grab a brake lever. Probably more until they'll get the concept of braking with hands, for now it's just another level of confusion.

Originally Posted by FatherAlabaster
I dig that trailer! My wife is (probably rightly) terrified at the thought of me getting a child seat on the back of my bike for our one-year-old... but I think taking him out would be so much fun. Have you used a child seat? If so, how would you compare them?
I think for short trips seats work just fine, just make sure your kid can sit and support his/her head properly. And it allows a bit more interaction. I am thinking of getting an Xtracycle to let them both ride with me. But for longer trips with kids under 3 years old trailer definitely wins.