Old 10-27-15, 06:12 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdlamb
To make sure I understand correctly, it is totally un-cool, chest-thumping, self-validating, to post that something isn't really necessary; but it's a wise use of that same public space to dis anyone who dares to post that opposing opinion?

Weird.
Poster:

Hi, I'd like to try touring by bike. Anyone have experience using their bike to go camping and seeing the sights?

Responder:
Touring by bike? Why? Who needs to do that. Everyone that I tour with uses an RV! We just use our bikes at the RV park to get ice cream cones and firewood.

Poster:
Oh,ok. I thought I would ask and see what people's experiences are. This is the bike touring forum right?

Responder2:
Bike? We hike everywhere. Why complicate things with a bike. What if it breaks down? Who needs all this new fangled technology on a tour. Just drive to a cool place and hike. Back when I was touring that's how we did it. Who would ever do it on a bike!

Responder3:
Chewbacca!

Poster:
OK, never mind.