Old 03-27-18, 09:52 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I've also added a pre-ride/workout booster made from leftover cold coffee with whey powder and creatine. Hate to waste coffee so I'll pour the leftover into a shaker and keep it in the fridge to mix with the whey and creatine. Tastes great, cheaper than ready made liquid energy drinks.

I really tried to supplement my protein intake with more legumes and pulses, but it gives my digestive system fits. Gassy, bloated, just miserable. Even the enzyme supplements and other tricks didn't help.

Shame because I enjoy beans and veggies and do eat them in moderate amounts. I just can't use them as a primary source of protein. Tried a couple of highly recommended protein powders a couple of months ago but had to switch back to whey this month.

I love hummus. Usually I buy premade but might try some homemade since the ingredients are cheap. And occasionally I'll add beans to pasta salads and regular salads. But it's easy to buy reasonably priced hummus locally now so I'm less inclined to make it at home.