View Single Post
Old 09-08-19, 10:23 AM
Cyclist753
Banned.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 66 Posts
Your fit will be 'evolutionary' as your fitness changes. Bring a few needed tools. Go ride somewhere quiet and level. Get the 'Zen' thing going on. Spin an easy gear while on the drops and look at the road 10 feet ahead. Do you feel like you are sliding forwards or backwards in the saddle? Is saddle too wide and cutting into rear end? Do your hips feel 'anchored' or 'wobbly' while pedaling? Do your legs seem cramped while spinning or do they seem too stretched out? Do your heels feel like they are turned in out out? Do you feel like your feet have too much pressure in the toebox area? Do your fingers feel like they have to reach up or down to get to the levers when on the drops? While on the drops do your hands feel like you have them bent down or up? Do your elbows feel like they are stretched out forward or inward? Does your back seem to 'hunched' or too flat?

There are a whole host of scenarios you can entertain here. It doesn't sound very scientific but these little exercises can help. 'Feel' for what isn't right then make teeny-tiny changes to your bike and kit. You may need wedges for your cleats or shoe inserts, too. When I get on my bikes I feel pretty 'slouchy' and relaxed on the drops and it takes more effort for me to sit up on the hoods! Good luck with getting your fit sorted. It can be a fun thing to do!