Old 04-28-19, 05:25 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I have the short TB too, which came with three different elastomers (I'm using the stiffest), and it's been reliable for at least 10 years. For me, the Cirrus is slightly better.
Thanks, very useful information. Right now I'm vacillating Between the short Thud Buster and the Shockstop. I need to be patient. I can get the TB is days or the Shockstop sometime in June ( maybe? ) Just spent a boat load of money this last month so I need to put buying new expensive stuff on hold for a while. Not to mention that the tax man hit me harder than expected. I ended up paying the State 5x what I usually pay. The reason behind this was because my mortgage loan unexpectedly dropped the amount of interest I was paying to half of what I was paying from last year. Yikes! I guess they do these things when you are nearing the end of your loan. The end game was I discovered that I ended up paying way less on state tax on my paychecks (2018 ) as I did from my last return. Not so sure why that was but dang it, that took another bite from my funds when I needed it the most. Meh, I did work some overtime this week so I might pull the trigger on something. whatever.

I realized again today while charging the battery on the Conduit that the carry box I have on back of my bike has a notch under the box designed to hold a small mini pump. I already knew this of course when I bought it but had no use for it at the time. Today it dawned on me that I have a very nice amber LED torch that I use sometimes for daytime rides , I noticed it would fit perfectly right into that little notch and POINT STRAIGHT BACK!...wonderful! This torch has a very nice custom UI that offers a multiple of different flash modes. Not sure how many lumens it puts out but being over-driven as it is somewhere around 300 lumen is my guess. Narrrow beam pattern and the triple flash and pause mode is very attention getting from distance. Now I can either run the Leyzne Zecto Max Drive on daytime ( low double flash then bright pulse ) or the torch.

Special note on what it takes to ride an ebike with e-assist only. A couple days ago I took one of my usual hour rides after getting home from work. On this particular ride ( without prior planning ) I ended up pushing things a little more than usual. The next day I arrived at work and noticed my right Achilles tendon was inflamed. ( I use SPD pedals so I'm definitely spinning the cranks. ). Feeling better now but I had to use a pad under my heel and take Aleve for a couple days. After my last ride I raised the saddle to compensate for the softer seat. Might have to tweak it more but need to test it out. I'm hoping that I find after a couple more rides that I don't need a suspension seat post but I'll have to wait and see before I decide to spend more money.