Old 05-02-19, 12:27 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
A ride down hemmoroid alley

With the weather at night holding at about 60°F where I live I've been trying to get as many rides in with the Conduit as possible. Had to cut the ride short tonight but only because it had gotten so humid that it was almost like riding through fog. Thankfully I could still see pretty well but the lack of distance visibility was enough to warrant cutting the ride short. E ( assist )bikes move along pretty fast even on the lowest mode if you are still in pretty good shape. Lots of deer where I live and they are very active at night. With the lamps I ride with I always see the deer way before they are a threat. That changes though if you are dealing with high humidity and or sections of fog.

Two nights ago I had the chance to really see one of the major differences between a regular road bike and a road ebike. As I was riding the Conduit along I decided to short cut through one of the local MUP's that interface with the community I live in. Turns out the short paved path I was on was only about 500ft. long but when I started riding it with the Conduit I couldn't believe how bumpy it seemed. Now I must of rode that section of MUP maybe 20 times with my regular bike before and never at any time did it ever faze me that this section of paved path was particularly bumpy. Ebikes must be like "Bump Amplifiers". ( probably doesn't help that the tires are inflated to their max but it you want the bike to move fast and get good mileage you keep the tires well inflated )...Anyway, my butt was getting so beat up I finally had to stand a bit. That has never ever happened with my regular road set up. Not to mention my butt took a couple good hits tonight as well even though I was on paved roads the whole time. Hard to try to avoid cracks and bumps if you're traveling so fast that you can't react fast enough to avoid them. The high humidity with the lack of visibility didn't help things much either.

Yep, time to order the Thudbuster. I should get it by Saturday. Suppose to rain this weekend ( Boo ) Not too worried about that though because I do want to test the Conduit in some rain before I decide to ride it to work. . First thing I'm going do when I get the Thudbuster is test it on that MUP I rode the other night. Really though I just want to make riding the Conduit on normal roads a little more comfortable.

Can't wait to get my Thomson set-back seat post back on my regular road bike as I'm really anxious to see what it's like to ride my other bike again. Just the other day as I was walking past my other bike I decided to pick it up and I almost couldn't believe how light it felt. My God compared to the Conduit the Specialize Sirrus I own felt as light as a feather.