View Single Post
Old 04-07-24, 10:34 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked 465 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by pinholecam
I recently changed out the neos on my Dahon Dash to a RD hanger and Ltwoo R9 (brifters 1x11; can be 2x11 too)
It was just finding the right hanger for the bike online (used Shopee here, but you probably can use AliExpress or Lazada, etc)
Despite my initial reservations, the Ltwoo works really well (easily Tiagra, 105 level, but so does most shifting systems when they are well cabled and tuned... )

No point hanging onto the Neos, imho, its just trying to extend the life of a dead horse and then you when you get further issues on the neos, you might
1. No longer be able to find the RD hanger (due to lack of demand )
2. Think that you spent time/effort making the Tourney+Neos work, so you want to find another Neos (dead horse) replacement..
Agree, with a couple qualifiers.
- If the (separate, replaceable) RD hanger is recessed into the right dropout, yes, it must be the exact correct hanger, and there are far too many different ones (was recently a whole thread about that). My guess is it will still be available, but I could be wrong.
- If the RD hanger is not recessed into the right dropout, then it would probably require a claw-mount hanger under the right axle nut or quick-release, and that is pretty standard, easily available. If the bike is 7-speed rear, you can get a whole derailleur with integral claw mount for less than the cost of a claw mount hanger. $13 bought me a new Shimano Tourney TX RD, GS (mid) length cage, designed for 6/7 speed, works amazingly well for standard folder 1X (11-30, but should work up to 34) or 2X system, it has enough capacity for that. Vastly better shifting than the stock Neos RD.