Old 03-26-12, 06:20 PM
climber7

Bikes: 2010 Jamis Xenith Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
That's about it for me. I'm not a "sprinter" but I win sprints out of small groups and can usually finish well in a field sprint. I don't watch a particular rider, I watch the flow and try to play into my strengths.
yeah, i guess that's pretty much what i'm going for here. except i'm sure i'm even less of a "sprinter."

Originally Posted by Racer Ex
If you're sitting around till the end, you're doing it wrong. People with a poor sprint should be crawling along with their tongues on the ground in Offthebackistan in the last 500m of a race if it comes down to a field sprint. Otherwise you got a really poor training ride. People should be yelling at you to stop attacking. You should be looking for other snails and getting them to go out on breaks with you.

Dammit son, do something.

Because that's your best chance.
even in a flat crit?

i do realize that field sprints are just not a good situation for me, and until this weekend, i was actually trying to attack pretty much every race at some point, but i don't think i was strong enough or smart enough yet for it to work. i'm getting stronger and smarter, so i'm hoping to have some success with that eventually. but it seems to me that even if i'm going to try to avoid field sprints, i should still have some idea of what to do if i find myself in one.