onbike 1939

Bikes: Airnimal Chameleon; Ellis Briggs; Moulton TSR27 Moulton Esprit

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3291 Post(s)
Liked 827 Times in 583 Posts
Originally Posted by NeilGunton
.............................<snip>

I guess if you think that would all be just fine, then e-assist bikes are fine too. Because this is where we're going. What we have here, basically, are arguments based on "have some empathy, you total jerk" and "I have had a heart attack and this lets me still cycle". I am being called a dick head and a jerk for suggesting that one of the fundamental distinctions of "cycling" is "not using a motor". Oh well.

"it's a disability, have some empathy" cases will be replaced by the overweight and lazy people who just can't be bothered (and that's human). And then the fun will really begin.

Neil

Forgive me for truncating your post but given the length I think I can be forgiven. I'm not sure why you should feel my post was aimed at yourself as what you allow or disallow on your website is of absolutely no concern to me. What did concern me was the disregard if not contempt, expressed by some posters for others who may not be as young or as healthy as themselves, yet who may still want to continue to cycle even though this may have to be assisted.

Personally I too think that "cycling" is defined as being without a motor and only wish I could still do it but why you should think that my "sob story" is aimed at diminishing you in some way is beyond me.

Even self-absorption should have its limits.