MixedRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NeilGunton
Some hard truths that I think some people need to hear:

Neil
You are correct! But your are not seeing the forest from the trees.

I think everyone is saying the same thing.

XXX-bicycle touring!

Mountain-bicycle touring!
Road-bicycle touring!
Singlespeed-bicycle touring!
Recumbent-bicycle touring!
Cyclocross-bicycle touring!
Triathlon/time-trial-bicycle touring!
Hand-bicycle touring!
Hybrid-bicycle touring!
Touring-bicycle touring!
Electric-Assist-bicycle touring!

Everyone will have a different take on the "ideal tour" for themselves. If using an XXX-bicycle is not your idea of an ideal tour, then don't use XXX-bicycle.

Bike touring is a very personal and rewarding experience. Touring solely on my-own power is the preferred xxx-bicycle to maximize the rewarding part for myself. If someone else chooses a electric-assist bicycle, I will not criticize what the other person did, but I am proud of myself for not using an electric-assist motor.

If the touring post is not solely about the "bicycle" what difference does it make if it is in the touring forum or not?

The unspoken agreement on posts in this forum is the tour would require using an XXX-bicycle. If the XXX-bicycle is electric-assist and was legally allowed to be used in the manner it was, so be it. If I find I don't like where/how electric-assist bicycles are being used, I will reach out to local organizations, my congressman, representative, etc... to change and/or comment on the laws around electric-assist-bicycles.

Last edited by MixedRider; 07-21-16 at 03:26 PM. Reason: order of a sentance did not make sense.