Old 09-28-18, 11:31 PM
Chris0516

Bikes: 2003 (24)20-Speed Specialized Allez'

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
You should edit your original post, there's words mixed up or missing which makes it confusing to read.

Anyway, another pointless thing is calling in a week later to the supervisor. No one (at that company) probably gives two cents about it.
Edited. It may seem pointless. But since it is a worldwide company. I want to give the supervisor time to talk to the driver. Before I call back to find out if he did speak with the driver.
Originally Posted by KraneXL
You never know until you try. I've called companies that call/email back and ask for details, others, you never hear from.

The bigger companies (a Coke truck) usually do care since they have reputations at stake and usually departments that deal with and record that kind of stuff. Smaller companies and/or franchises where you deal with the owners not so much.

Having worked in the complaint department, I can tell you that time is of the essence. Therefore, you really need to address these complaints soon after they occur for reference sake.

I personally wait 2 days for my emotions to wane. If its still an issue, I call. If it fades from memory, then it wasn't worth it. After a week, I'd probably let it go. At least it lets you know the quality of the establishment.
Agreed about giving it time, to see if it is still an issue. For me, if it is a transit or 'business' vehicle. I report it the same day. Because, Their bad driving, reflects on the company, with the public at-large. But, If it is a personal vehicle. Even if I record it on camera. The county police have a skewed policy on dangerous drivers'. They had to be an eyewitness to it. They follow that 'excuse' up with. They have more important things to do.
Originally Posted by MMACH 5
I had an exchange with a local shuttle driver about ten years ago.

https://www.bikeforums.net/commuting...rontation.html

After the exchange, I e-mailed the Irving police to complement the responding officers on how they handled it. I also ended up emailing the shuttle company and shared that this confrontation took place. In the explanation, I shared that we both we both used foul language, but I was just a dude on a bike—he was driving their bus, thus acting as a representative of the company. Fast forward almost a year...

...I got on a local city bus and the guy across from me was wearing a shirt with the shuttle bus company's name and logo. I mentioned that I'd had a run-in with one of their drivers and this guy said that they had all heard about it, a company-wide meeting was called and that driver was fired. I was quite stunned and said so. He said the driver was not fired for having the confrontation with me. He was fired because they are only allowed to drive the shuttle buses on airport property and this guy was driving his bus home every night. Our exchange took place about six miles from the airport.
Wow!!!!