Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
A brief update ...

I've been busy during the shutdown. I'm still working full time from home and I decided to take 2 university courses toward my Master's degree this semester instead of my usual 1 course. Not the best decision but brings me that much closer to the goal. So, I've been up to my eyeballs in research papers. But I've got one more paper, which I'm working on right now, and one final exam ... and then the semester is done!!!! It's finished on June 12. Then next semester (starts July 13) I have one course, and I'm finished the degree!! Can't wait!! Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Rowan has pretty much plateaued. He fatigues very easily, walks unsteadily with his left leg, and struggles with short term memory, to name a few things. But he enjoys working in our garden. He works at it a bit, then rests, then works at it a bit more. We've had some lovely fruit and veggies from the garden!! We get out for walks or short bicycle rides now and then too which is nice. Plus we've been Zwifting.

We adopted a little black cat from a shelter a couple months ago, just before the shutdown. He's been wonderful ... kept us amused! His name at the shelter was Rhody and we decided to keep that name. Say it with bicycles in mind ... specifically road bicycles.

Both Rowan and I will be going for surgeries soon which will slow us down a bit. Rowan's is a hernia surgery at the end of June and mine is a deviated septum surgery at the beginning of July. Fortunately, I guess, we're about to go into winter. Rest time.

Meanwhile, we're thinking of Zwifting later today because it has been quite windy out there. Wind + Rowan's balance issues don't go well together. But thank goodness for Zwift!!

Likes For Machka: