WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
DHL is starting to piss me off.

I paid the duties online as soon as I got the email notification yesterday morning. Shortly after that, I got a notification that the wheels had magically teleported and had already arrived in Mpls () but no change in the estimated delivery date of Monday ().

Then I got a notification that the shipment was being withheld until the duties were paid. At that point, I called up DHL - they said that they saw that I'd paid, but that they wouldn't have a chance to deliver until Monday. I asked if I could just pick the damn box up myself (the distribution center is only 6 or 7 miles away). They said that I could; they'd change the delivery request, but it would take time for someone to pick it from the warehouse and that it wouldn't be ready until today, despite the fact that it wasn't even noon yet.

As of now, no notification that it's ready to pick up and the status still isn't reflecting that I've paid the duties, which makes me wonder if anyone is going to bother to pick the box before said status changes.
Aaaaand it was as I'd suspected - no one was picking the box because of the hold on the package for an unpaid duty balance of $0.00.

I've been told to call them back in another four hours, if I haven't heard from them first. Thankfully, I've been given a direct line so that *knock on wood* I don't have to wait in queue for another 15-20 minutes.