Old 06-29-20, 01:23 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked 1,169 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by OUGrad05
Anyone else giving some thought to dumping Strava, at the very least dumping their premium sub? I dropped it in November, they gave me 60 days free a month ago. So I'm a month in and thinking I may not renew. I don't have a problem with them wanting to make money, that's obviously the point of being in business. However, they went through a period where they basically ignored cyclists and users and didn't do much to improve the platform. Now they swear they're making changes and going to improve the platform and yet several basic changes that have been requested by numerous people still haven't been done.
I LOVE that I can find other riders, I love segments, and I love the fact that many friends use it and we can follow each others rides with maps and segments. I don't like the fact that they're very slow to update the product, I can't track all my workouts in it effectively, they still don't have the ability to know that if you're riding a trainer its a different bike than your road bike (a request that dozens if not hundreds have made on their forums for 2+ years and yet nothing).

Are there some good alternatives? I subscribe to training peaks for tracking overall fitness and it's superb in that regard, but the social aspect is missing.

What are you guys doing, what are your thoughts?
Originally Posted by drewguy
To answer OP's question well, s/he needs to specify what s/he wants in a fitness tracking app. Different people use Strava for different things - Garmin connect will track just as much info, but without the social element. Other apps do the fitness assessment stuff. And so on.
i think he did.