Old 07-05-20, 12:26 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4414 Post(s)
Liked 4,524 Times in 3,026 Posts
And we always worry about dehydration. Too much water never really crosses the mind that much. Hiking in the desert mountains in Big Bend NP I ran across one water bottle only guy with no backpack or anything. He was trying to get liquid out of cactus and had thorns sticking in his lips and mouth. Idiot! I was heading down the mountain at least 2 plus hours to go. I gave this fellow a bottle of Gatorade that I could spare I told him hike back to the trailhead now! Oh hell no he insisted on making it to the peak which was miles away I told him you are not going to make it. Save the bottle and ask for liquid but if they refuse you it’s because they are at minimum. I’m not his dad so I left heading back down. If he was a teen or a kid I would have been more insistent., Back home I looked at the NP reports they didn’t pull a corpse off the mountain so I guess he didn’t die.
I never thought much about hyponatremia because I’m always in a sweat but in a cool weather area or when we have cold days in winter it is something to seriously consider.
Likes For Hondo Gravel: