Old 06-26-20, 02:27 PM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
I have seen it. At first I was skeptical, but overall I think they did a decent job. I still like the original though. I thought it was funny that they said they increased the stack height because they saw so any builds with high stacks of spacers under the stem. My thought is if people bought the right size frame they wouldn't need so many spacers.

If I want to run my bars low, I would have bought a 54. I wanted the bars at the lowest, even with my seat, and in reality, a little higher. I bought a 56. Had I bought the 54, I would have a lot of spacers.

the disc trucker is a long frame and the reach increases with frame sizes both absolutely and relatively. I ride a size 62cm while I would need a 64 stack wise hence the 65mm spacer stack I need. However were I to ride a 64cm I'd need to use a 50-70mm stem to compensate for the long reach which would not be ideal in terms of weight distribution or handling.

So personally I'm happy I can now get a frame that is high enough while the reach is reasonable.