Old 01-14-19, 07:29 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Cycling In work clothes.
Originally Posted by madpogue
I assume by "work clothes", your target audience is office/professional workers. For a lot of folks, "work clothes" mean Carhartts. But I reckon you're referring to people who work indoors for the most part.

Dress here for gents is "business casual
I read this thread with some self-satisfaction, and sympathy for those who need to wear “work clothes” in the indoor office / professional setting. At work I wear surgical scrubs provided (no, not a jail, and they are not orange).

I shower before the ride, and rarely do I get messed up enough on my 14 mile commute to require another shower on arrival.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I have shower facilities and can store clean clothes at work, though usually I wear scrub shirts and pants, I don’t have much close interaction with staff, and they would let me know if I offended…

If I have to wear regular clothes though, I always want to take a shower.
BTW, FWIW, here's my brief clean-up on arrival at work.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
… I shower in the evening or the morning before the ride, and as my deodorant I use 91% rubbing alcohol [applied with a towel; as well as on arrival]. This is used to clean the skin prior to drawing blood and is an effective bactericide. It leaves no scent and evaporates quickly and refreshingly.

It can also be used to clean “down there” to prevent lesions from the saddle.
Finally, I wear a tight fitting cycling cap to prevent helmet hair, though my hair is long enough just to part.