Old 03-06-15, 11:22 AM
nspace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 700wheel
14 and 15 mm bolts have different thread dimensions so I do not recommend using the wrong size.

I would just forget about using dust caps (I don't use them on my track bike). Alternately take your existing bolts to a machinist and have them thin down the head (you could also machine down a socket at the same time). My bike has campy cranks but is at the velodrome so unable to check bolt size.
Thanks, that is good to know about the bolt! I just used the chrome plated bolts i had on my Miche cranks. I did learn that the cranks were actually supposed to come with the bolts. Wiggle says they will send me some. Until then I will just use what I have.

I did notice the crank arm clearances are a bit odd. The NDS crank arm is much closer than the DS. I will have to measure tonight. I put those bolts in there pretty tight and wouldn't feel comfortable putting them on any tighter. Not sure if its normal for the DS to have so much more clearance than the NDS?

BB/chainstays are symmetrical and I am using the matching Campagnolo pista BB with 111mm spindle.