View Single Post
Old 12-11-17, 12:47 AM
Danny01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HLW
Man that complete bike looks awesome, too bad they didn't offer this in 2017. I'd love to hear a ride report on the new frame after you've gotten in some saddle time on the new bike. I'm no expert on steel bikes but would like to know what your opinions are on the 631 vs 520 and rear quick release vs thru axle, and how much you really notice out there in the real world. So is Jamis selling this model Renegade as a frameset now or did you get it through other channels?
I ordered it from my LBS, who is an authorized dealer. The LBS said that the Escapade was the only model that is available as a frameset and it is a very limited production, one-time run. They only had 2 framesets in my size. The build isn't completed yet but I'm not expecting much difference between my Expat and Escapade. The geometry is a bit different, so I guess I'll see.

Their website has been updating one model at a time, and they started with the Exile and updated one model at a time moving up the model range. If the pattern continues, the Escapade should be next then the Expert and Elite.

Last edited by Danny01; 12-11-17 at 01:06 AM.